Feb. 28, 2024, 9:40 p.m.
Highlights of the day: 4 October
Feb. 29, 2024
FinMeUp highlights of the day
Merafe Resources Limited
- The European benchmark ferrochrome price for the fourth quarter of 2022 has been settled at 149 US cents per pound, which is a 17.2% decrease from the third quarter of 2022.
Anglo American plc
- Anglo American and EDF Renewables have partnered and will form a new jointly owned company, Envusa Energy, in South Africa.
- The partnership will form 600MW of wind and solar projects in first phase.
- The partnership is designed to meet Anglo Americans operational power requirements in South Africa.
Capitec Bank Holdings Limited
- Capitec has been granted a license to conduct life insurance business in South Africa.
- Capitec has been offering credit life and funeral policies through two cell captive agreements, but due to regulation changes and strong growth in insured clients, Capitec applied for the license.
- Rivian said it still sees FY production at 25,000 vehicles.
- Rivian said it has produced 7,363 and delivered 6,584 vehicles in Q3.
- Cathie Wood and Ark Invest bought 132.2K shares of Tesla today.
- Shopify CEO Tobias Lutke has bought about $3M worth of Coinbase stock over the last 2 months.
- Electronic Artss next Need for Speed game is still on track to be released this year.
- Ford just announced it sold 142,644 vehicles in the US during September down 8.9% YoY.
- Ford sold a total of 4,691 EVs in the US during September up 197.3% YoY.
- Micron has announced plans to spend up to $100 Billion to build a semiconductor factory in New York.
- FedEx has just announced it has agreed to repurchase $1.5 Billion of its common stock from Morgan Stanley in an accelerated share repurchase agreement.