Highlights of the day: 30 June
FinMeUp highlights of the day
FinMeUp Mentorship Month!
We want to provide our community with the opportunity to engage with our team. A financial coach in your pocket! Do you have a question that youd like to ask? Great! Well answer them all! linktr.ee/FinMeUpLinks
- Renergen has announced a new gas blower named Gandalf.
- Gas was intersected at 480m from the surface with a flow rate of around 90,000 standard cubic feet per day.
- The target depth is 1200m and the well was cased in preparation to drill to the full depth.
- Renergen will undertake a final risk assessment before introducing hydrocarbon into the plant and declaring it ready for start-up.
- The company acquired an initial 30.29% shareholding in Keliber Oy.
- Sibanye has now announced that it intends to exercise its pre-emptive right to increase its shareholding in Keliber to 50%
- Sibanye will also make a voluntary cash offer to minority shareholders of Keliber, which could initially increase its shareholding in Keliber to over 80%.
Merafe Resources Limited- Ferrochrome price announcement for the third quarter of 2022
- The European benchmark ferrochrome price for the third quarter of 2022 has been settled at 180 US cents per pound, a 16.7% decrease from the second quarter of 2022.
- Tesla is now making as many as 5,000 units per week from its Texas Gigafactory.
- The SEC has denied Grayscale Investments application to convert its Grayscale Bitcoin Trust into a spot-based bitcoin ETF.
- Apple reportedly wants users to start buying gas directly from their car dashboard as early as this fall.
- Included in the upcoming CarPlay update will be a feature letting users tap an app to navigate to a pump & buy gas directly from the screen in the car.
Biggest winners and losers
- Alphamin +12.66%
- Thungela -6.45%
- Exelon +1.61%
- Crowdstrike -3.75%
- Bitcoin -4.8%
- Ethereum -7.4%
- Solana -6.8%